Vacation Bible School (VBS) is just around the corner (3 days from this entry), and some of you are probably wondering what you can do to get involved. Not to worry. Here are 7 ways you can be involved with this year’s VBS:
1. Pray: Ephesians 6:18 tells us to “pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.” This weekend our church has a great opportunity to impact future generations for the sake of the Gospel. Pray for our volunteers, the kids and their families.
2. Tell Others: The best way to invite others to this year’s VBS is by word of mouth. It’s easy enough to miss the giant sign on the church lawn, the handouts, Facebook promos, and bulletin announcements. A personal invitation goes along way, especially when it comes to church events.
3. Volunteer: This year we’ve been blessed with a lot of dedicated volunteers. That’s not to say that we haven’t room for you :) Jesus says, “ Anyone who wants to serve me must follow me, because my servants must be where I am. And the Father will honor anyone who serves me” (John 12:26). Jesus is undoubtedly with the children. So when we serve the kids, we serve Jesus too!
4. Drop In: Perhaps you’re unable to help out this year but still want to see what VBS is like. Feel free to drop in! It’s a joy to see the kids having fun and learning about Jesus. Oh and did I mention there’ll be snacks?
5. Bring Someone: Maybe you have some grand kids or nieces or nephews that could benefit from the VBS experience. Drop ‘em off - it’s free! And I’m sure they’ll have a great time.
6. BBQ: I think I’d mentioned snacks before . . . we’re also hosting a BBQ this Sunday, right after the Worship Service. Bring your appetite and a friend.
7. Share This: Finally, by sharing this post we’ll be able to reach parents and others about our upcoming VBS, this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. They can go over to our Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/fcogtulare) and register for the event.
Come Grow With Us!